On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 05:23:14PM -0700, Frans Haarman wrote:
> hi ports@
>
> after upgrading to the 5.2 snapshot I keep getting errors with pkg_add -u.
>
> No pkgname in packing-list for sdl-mixer-1.2.11p0
> No pkgname in packing-list for partial-jdk-1.7.0.00v0
> No pkgname in packing-list for einstein-2.0p0
> Warning: couldn't read packing-list from installed package tel
> File /var/db/pkg/tel/+CONTENTS does not exist
> Error: tel missing from installation
> OpenBSD::Requiring: writing /var/db/pkg/tel/+REQUIRING: No such file
> or directory at /usr/libdata/perl5/OpenBSD/OldLibs.pm line 196
> #

There's obviously some fucked up stuff in /var/db/pkg.

Have a look under the lost+found directory of the partition that holds
/var/db/pkg, I strongly suspect it's not empty.

Why do people always tell us the NOT IMPORTANT stuff ?

In the current case, it is fairly obvious your file system crashed at
some point. A panic, lost power somewhen ?

Well, there is inconsistent information in there. Garbage in, garbage out,
don't expect pkg_add to make sense of it.

Run pkg_check, figure out the extent of your fsck damage...