On 2012/06/26 12:19, Simon Kuhnle wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 09:04:30PM +0200, Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado
> wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 08:14:34PM +0300, Artturi Alm wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > WeeChat is a fast, light and extensible chat client.
> > > http://www.weechat.org
> > >
> > > This is my first try at making a port, tested only on amd64.
> > > While atleast current stable(0.3.8) still has autoconf support,
> > > I ran into some problems and decided to go with cmake.
> > >
> > > OT: missing comments about cmake in the Makefile.template,
> > > and in port-modules(5) made me feel like using it is discouraged?
> >
> > Related: https://github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/tree/master/net/weechat
>
> I just updated that one to 0.3.8, too
> (also attached it to this mail, for the lazy).
>
> It seems like everybody tries his own port of
> this software, instead of testing or commenting on existing ones.
>
> "My" port (based on on the work of others, Jona Joachim in this case)
> seems to be the only one that uses the MULTI_PACKAGE feature for the
> different plugins that weechat supports.
>
> I tested weechat on amd64 and sparc64 so far
> and others report that Loongson works as well.
>
> The only problem I am aware of at the moment is that I can't convince
> cmake to install the man page to ${PREFIX}/man/man1 instead of
> ${PREFIX}/share/man/man1. Does anybody know how to fix this?
> Do I need to patch CMakeLists.txt or something?
>
> Other than that, this thing works fine,
> so please test, report and comment.
>
> Regards
>       Simon

Not tested yet but mostly reads OK apart from the mandir issue.
It's a common problem with cmake things, there is some support
for MANDIR in cmake, but the port doesn't set it up correctly,
though from my recollection most things don't use it anyway.

Other thing I noticed was post-install, first the lines are
rather long, try to aim for 80-ish char max (I would only use
one tab not two), and there's a typo user_guide.txt*t*.
Though I don't think I'd bother renaming, just ${INSTALL_DATA}
$(WRKSRC)/doc/en/*.txt ${PREFIX}/share/doc/weechat/, easier to
do and then newer docs will get picked up easily if the port
is updated.

post-install:
                $(INSTALL_DATA_DIR) ${PREFIX}/share/doc/weechat
                $(INSTALL_DATA) $(WRKSRC)/doc/en/weechat_faq.en.txt
${PREFIX}/share/doc/weechat/faq.txt
                $(INSTALL_DATA) $(WRKSRC)/doc/en/weechat_plugin_api.en.txt
${PREFIX}/share/doc/weechat/plugin_api.txt
                $(INSTALL_DATA) $(WRKSRC)/doc/en/weechat_quickstart.en.txt
${PREFIX}/share/doc/weechat/quickstart.txt
                $(INSTALL_DATA) $(WRKSRC)/doc/en/weechat_scripting.en.txt
${PREFIX}/share/doc/weechat/scripting.txt
                $(INSTALL_DATA) $(WRKSRC)/doc/en/weechat_user.en.txt
${PREFIX}/share/doc/weechat/user_guide.txtt