On 2012/06/27 22:44, Christopher Zimmermann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> here is a port of libjpeg-turbo, a binary compatible drop-in
> replacement for IJGs libjpeg. It makes use of 'SIMD' instructions to
> speed up jpeg (de)compression by a factor of 2-4.
> I tried hard to to let the port satisfy the dependencies of ports
> depending on jpeg-*. What I finally came up with is an always flavoured
> port (PKGNAME=jpeg-$V-turbo). Is this a good way to accomplish this?
> The SHARED_LIBS version is set to the same value as libjpeg.
> Tested with chromium, firefox, ristretto and feh.

jpeg is such a commonly-used library, I would be worried about
people using this and not mentioning it when they report a problem
with some other software. It's also going to complicate any updates
to graphics/jpeg as then the rest of the tree would have to be
checked against both jpeg and libjpeg-turbo. So I'd be rather
twitchy about importing this..

>         mv      ${PREFIX}/lib/libturbojpeg.so \
>                 ${PREFIX}/lib/libturbojpeg.so.${LIBturbojpeg_VERSION}

The library should be created correctly in the first place..