2012/7/9 Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org>:
> openbsd-wip/sysutils/ranger is probably a better base if someone wants
> to pick it up. I vaguely recall some problem with it, but I forget what..

Thanks, I will look into it.  One of your patches changes the path
where the man page gets installed, so that should not be an issue
anymore. But where does the ${MODPY_EGG_VERSION} come from? Does it
have a special meaning? It's used in the Makefile, and the problematic
line in PLIST becomes

lib/python${MODPY_VERSION}/site-packages/ranger-${MODPY_EGG_VERSION}-py${MODPY_VERSION}.egg-info,

but I was not able to find documentation for it.

Thanks for the help so far and best regards,
Nils