On 08/30/12 23:04, Lawrence Teo wrote:
On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 09:24:13PM -0400, STeve Andre' wrote:
I've been looking for a mobi file reader in ports but I don't see one.
Did I overlook anything?

Any suggestions as to software to port over which does this?
The immediate port that comes to mind is textproc/calibre; according to
http://calibre-ebook.com/about it has "a built-in ebook viewer that can
display all the major ebook formats", and on their FAQ at
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq.html , MOBI is one of the formats
it's supposed to be able to convert, so hopefully that means it can also
view it. :)

Having said all that, I've never been able to get calibre to start for
me on recent snapshots (it always segfaults on my amd64 system).  I'm
still trying to investigate if it's just my own system but I've not had
time to poke further.

Anyway, hope this information helps you. :)

Lawrence

Thank you!  I haven't done much with it, but calibre seems
to work.  At least it's plowed through a bunch of .mobi files
I just got.

I thought I'd looked enough but calibre escaped me.  It's
great that the ports tree is big enough that hunting doesn't
always find whats out there.

--STeve Andre'