(Starting a new thread)

Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org> writes:

>> > I didn't know libdbus was bringing in X11, where should I look for this
>> > kind of information...?  Anyway, running emacs-24.2-no_x11 in a console
>> > works fine, even with no access to /usr/X11R6.
>> (Works fine also with no dbus session active)
>>
>> If you want this port not to depend on dbus just because you want to
>> build it on a machine with no X libraries, just say so.  But please
>> don't let me find it the hard way.
>
> Build, no. It is expected that you have *all* the sets installed
> if you're building from ports.
>
> But a no_x11 flavour shouldn't depend on something that requires
> X in order to install and run.

Then I guess Rowdy OpenBSD is right.  One can't install dbus without
having the proper X libraries.

I see that some other distros have a kind of "no_x11 flavor" of dbus.
Has it already been discussed?  Would that be desirable in the OpenBSD
ports system?  Else, I'd just disable D-Bus support for the no_x11 Emacs
flavor.

Regards,
--
Jérémie Courrèges-Anglas
GPG fingerprint: 61DB D9A0 00A4 67CF 2A90 8961 6191 8FBF 06A1 1494