On 2012/09/16 10:56, Olivier Mehani wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Cgit in ports seems to be a ligtweight web interface to Git. However, to
> run its binary from ports in a chroot requires to copy a bunch of
> libraries in the chroot (or “Premature end of script headers:
> /cgi-bin/cgit.cgi” will ensue; `ldd /var/www/cgi-bin/cgit.cgi` is your
> friend), which I'd rather not.
>
> The attached patch to the Makefile fixes this by adding a static flavour
> to the port. I have it running on my 5.1 server at the moment, without
> shared libs, and it seems to behave fine, but I haven't tested it
> thoroughly yet.

Is there any point in making this a flavour, wouldn't this be a
sane thing to do by default?

> There might be a mistake in the way I handled the MODULES variable (it's
> unconditionally set), which might result in the -static package to have
> a spurious dependency. I'm happy to be corrected on that (:

That's ok, you should have the dependency listed.

For statically linked things I would also continue to use the WANTLIB
on c/crypto/pthread/z even though it shows as "extra" in check-lib-depends,
otherwise fixes in the base libraries won't trigger the package getting
updated.

btw this needs testing on -current before it can go in, 5.1 (and even
5.2) is too old for a valid test.