On 2012/09/16 14:05, Federico Schwindt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Attached is a port of ngircd, a lightweight irc server. I've been
> running it for a few days and I'm quite happy.
> Comments? OK?
>
> f.-

Works for me (though with trivial traffic and no linked servers)
on macppc with SSL.

OK though if you don't mind I'd rather patch the sample config
to suggest a dedicated chroot directory rather than /var/empty,
seeing as config files and any SSL keys used need to be there in
order for reload to work, and it's better if those aren't in the
system shared /var/empty dir.

(Maybe even worth setting up the package so that it chroots by
default, though this is easy enough for the user and probably
unnecessary hassle in the package).