On 10/19/12 20:30, Amit Kulkarni wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 12:58 AM, Antoine Jacoutot
> <ajacou...@bsdfrog.org> wrote:

>>> Seen all these fail on occasion when building here.

>>> I built mono for i386 on Aug 18 for libpthread.so.17.0. I have seen mono
>>> fail to build on i386 in the past, and more often than on amd64.

>>> Building gnome does require mono, mail/gmime has a build dependency on
>>> mono to build gmime-sharp.
>>
>> That is why you have a no_mono FLAVOR.
>> The mono bits are _not_ needed.
>>
>>> I took the mono dependency out of mail/gmime, so it no longer builds
>>> gmime-sharp just gmime. A change I made back when mono was failing
>>> because of the switch to rthreads. It allowed me to build gnome while
>>> mono wasn't building.
>>>
>>> My searches found one project using gmime-sharp, Beagle which has not
>>> been ported to OpenBSD. The project looks dead, it was on gnome svn, but
>>> 2-3 years since it's been updated. The Beagle project web site was down.
>>> I couldn't find a single port that uses gmime-sharp. gmime-sharp is
>>> redundant.
>>>
>>> I can supply a diff for mail/gmime without gmime-sharp.
>>
>> I'd rather see the core of the mono build issue fixed.
>

> any movement on this guys? i am unable to build mono for last 5 days
> on amd64. i don't have /etc/malloc.conf defined. tried with or without
> ccache....
>
> until it is fixed, i marked the kde 4.9.2 mono-related ports as broken
> in github.
> .

The last mono I built was 8 Oct on amd64, 9 Oct on i386, didn't work
first time as I recall on amd64, that was using dpb. When I hit a
failure, I just use make, once I have finished with the dpb building,
which continues from the point of failure, I may have rebooted before
running the make. Never hit a mono recently where I couldn't build it,
after one or more retries.

I did a userland/xenocara/release rebuild yesterday on amd64/i386, and
have deleted older packages including mono on both i386/amd64, and
leaving them rebuilding them with dpb overnight. I will know in about
10hr, if mono doesn't build.

Could copy to where you can download from, if I get a build that works.