On 2012/10/21 01:29, Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 12:02:46AM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:

> > > For projects that only uses the autogenerated tarballs of github, you
> > > can use this in the Makefile:

> > Don't do this in ports, ask the upstream to create a proper download
> > (which can be hosted by github), or mirror them instead. These tarball
> > URLs are dynamically generated and the files can change if github
> > update git, tar or gzip.
>
> I just wanted to comment what is the correct url for the autogenerated
> tarballs of github. When I was creating the port for hotot, I didn't
> find the info. Finally I ran grep for search a example in the port tree.

IIRC you'll need some hack with a dummy query string along the lines of
but in my opinion none of these urls providing dynamically-generated
files are correct to use in MASTER_SITES.

> Is it acceptable to use two master_sites, the first with the github url
> and the second with a mirror?.

Just use the mirror, but talk to upstream and ask if they'll make an
actual release first. We have to check hashes against the file that was
originally available when something was ported (there have been plenty
of hacked distribution sites, recently including places like sourceforge
mirrors, so checking hashes is necessary) - it's just not sane to do
this against a file which is generated dynamically.