On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 11:10:31PM +0200, Donovan Watteau wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 01:45:43PM +0200, Donovan Watteau wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > The following diff makes it possible for ffmpeg to be linked
> > on loongson (it used to give "ld: final link failed: Bad value",
> > see [1]), and probably sgi too (though I couldn't test this one).
> >
> > This is done by removing the call to "-Wl,-Bsymbolic" on mips
> > targets.  I'm not really sure to understand the effects of
> > removing -Bsymbolic, but the resulting binary works fine for me
> > on loongson.
> >
> > No REVISION bump since it only affects the archs on which it
> > didn't build.
> > [...]
>
> Could this go in, please?

ffmpeg builds ok with this patch, thank you Donovan.

> Having ffmpeg on loongson is quite useful, IMHO, and it does unbreak
> mplayer, too (and possibly some other ports).

I tried building vlc and mplayer from ports and neither build on my
Fuloong. I need to test ffmpeg standalone since I can't get the above 2
working but I didn't want to hold this up since I can confirm ffmpeg builds
cleanly after applying Donovan's patch and doesn't without it.

My vlc build died after more than 30 hours(!) of attempting to build qt4
and deps. Don't try this at home, boys and girls.

/jl

--
ASCII ribbon campaign ( ) Powered by Lemote Fuloong
 against HTML e-mail   X  Loongson MIPS and OpenBSD