On Thu, 20 Dec 2012 at 17:46:33 +0000, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> Optimizer levels other than -O2 are essentially untested.
[..]
> > I spoke to Jasper on icb about the possibility of making exceptions.
>
> I'm afraid this will lead to people asking for exceptions for more
> and more ports.

If the specific exceptions only come after people like Edd are
actually using the software and finding that it is much more usable
with the optimization bump, what's the harm?

I think per-architecture tweaks to specific ports are okay, as long
as they've been thoroughly tested on that architecture, are needed
to make the software more usable or better performing, and don't
make it less stable.