Julien Dhaille <jul...@dhaille.com> wrote:

> This is port coming from FreeBSD, people should know it.
> Tested on amd64. There is many references to FreeBSD within,
> so, tell me if a patch is needed.

I don't see the point of this port.  There isn't even a list of
OpenBSD CVSup servers anymore.

CVSup was never that popular for OpenBSD to begin with and now it's
effectively dead.  In fact, FreeBSD, which has used CVSup extensively
in the past, is in the process of phasing out its CVSup infrastructure.
Just a few hours ago I was again pondering the question when I
should remove the cvsup and csup ports.  lang/ezm3 and thus net/cvsup
will not survive the next major ABI change (likely time_t sometime
in the 5.3->5.4 timeframe).  net/csup is buggy and unlikely to ever
get fixed now that FreeBSD is abandoning it.

CVSup is unused for OpenBSD, and by the time 5.3 will be released
you won't even be able to use it to get FreeBSD, so why are we still
keeping it around?

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          na...@mips.inka.de