On 2013/01/08 20:19, frantisek holop wrote:
> hi there,
>
> i see in some python ports the use of PKG_ARCH=*
> but not in all of them (my port included).
>
> if i understand correctly, it could save some
> time with bulk builds across archs, correct?

It can save some time for release builds for those arch which are
really slow but can still build most things (where those arch are being
built by somebody who goes to the trouble to grab them from a faster
architecture and deal with any fallout from incorrectly marked packages
as happened with lua last release). ;-)

It's no help for snapshots though.

> searching for it in e.g. devel/
> reveals only a handful of py-* that uses it.
>
> the python documentation seems to imply that
> bytecode is arch independent..

I would generally avoid it for python things really, they are awkward
enough as it is without having to think about more things ;)