On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 09:42:13AM +0100, David Coppa wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 4:45 PM, contezero <con...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello Jacob Meuser,
> > I have tried to use SDL library on my SunBlade 2500, but I only get a core
> > dump.
> >

> There're some (maybe) useful pointers here:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.sdl/5095/
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.sdl/5173/
>
> Ciao,
> David

Not really. As contezero correctly identifies, the problem is that these
cards only expose a 7bit framebuffer, that's how the prom sets them up I
presume. We don't know how to change that.

Either teach SDL about the 7bit framebuffer, or somehow pretend that
that it is a 8 bit framebuffer and ignore the broken image. I don't
know which is easier.

The "proper" solution would be to figure out how the damn cards work
and take a closer look at these binaries:
http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/downloads/sparc_graphics