On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 10:16:14PM -0500, Brad Smith wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 02:10:07PM +1100, Jonathan Gray wrote:
> > Sadly this does not unbreak qemu-system-arm for emulating zaurus,
> > which last worked in 1.2.1.
> >
> > Ie
> > qemu-system-arm -M spitz -serial stdio -kernel bsd.rd -portrait
> > should get to an install prompt.
>
> Have you at least filed a bug report about this issue?

I had assumed such breakage would be rather obvious and kept
my local version at 1.2.1.

The linaro qemu branch had a similiar but perhaps unrelated
problem where their adding support for TrustZone trashed
the cp15 registers for XScale which was subsequently fixed:

http://git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=qemu/qemu-linaro.git;a=commitdiff;h=f9163becec54164ffe6006efb196757373878a04

Mainline qemu in 1.3.1 does not seem to have support for TrustZone
though, and the code there is rather different.

It seems anyone who wants a working version of qemu-system-arm
uses the linaro branch, should we perhaps import that in
addition to mainline qemu?