I've been doing testing of various packages leading up to 5.3.
Yesterday I clean installed the 5.3beta that has a file date on the
.iso 8 Feb. My kindly ISP has i386 packages with similar dates. (Kindly
is what I call an ISP who gives me unlimited unmetered access to a well
maintained mirror)

Anyway I did a pkg_add -iv xfce-4.10 and lots of stuff went by (as
usual) but on the end of the process I saw:

Weird subject line in /usr/local/man/cat3/pcre16.0
#include <pcre.h>

Weird subject line in /usr/local/man/cat3/pcreapi.0
#include <pcre.h>

Empty file /usr/local/man/man3/gnutls_record_disable_padding.3

The last file does have 0 length and the other two have the "weird"
text.

Obviously man pages like those are not critical to my testing but we
might expect better behaviour at release. [Even if I never look at
those pages.]

Rod/
PS Is anybody interested in a logging utility to generate a terse track
of package installs. Making sure we don't fail to see errors along the
way when hordes of dependencies are being installed?
Not likely to be done in a flash but maybe I can cobble it in spare
time.. when that happens.
*** NOTE *** Please DO NOT CC me. I <am> subscribed to the list.
Mail to the sender address that does not originate at the list server is
tarpitted. The reply-to: address is provided for those who feel compelled to
reply off list. Thankyou.

Rod/
---
This life is not the real thing.
It is not even in Beta.
If it was, then OpenBSD would already have a man page for it.