-- -- --
GeneralUser GS is a GM and GS compatible SoundFont bank for composing
or playing MIDI files. This version is for use with FluidSynth (or
Qsynth) (other versions are available for MuseScore, Sound Blaster
Live!/Audigy/X-fi sound cards, and other SoundFont-compatible hardware
and software synthesizers).

The name "GeneralUser" was chosen because the bank was designed to sound
well with all kinds of music rather than specializing in only a few
styles, thereby benefiting the general user.
-- -- --

I have set the license markers as follows,

# see LICENSE.TXT
PERMIT_PACKAGE_CDROM=   probably OK, but disabled on CDs for safety
PERMIT_PACKAGE_FTP=     Yes

given the text below from LICENSE.TXT I think this is reasonable.

OK?

(if you're interested in this you might also be interested in a
WIP update of fluidsynth that I have, but there is a minor bug
to track down in the sndio driver).

** License of the complete work **

You may use GeneralUser GS without restriction for your own music
creation, private or commercial. This SoundFont bank is provided to the
community free of charge. Please feel free to use it in your software
projects, and to modify the SoundFont bank or its packaging to suit your
needs.

** License of contained samples **

GeneralUser GS inherits the usage rights of the samples contained
within, all of which allow full use in music production, including the
ability to make profit from musical recordings created with GeneralUser
GS.

Many of the samples are original, but some were taken from other banks
freely (and legally) available on the Internet from various SoundFont
websites. Because GeneralUser GS originated as a personal project with
no intention for publication, I cannot be 100% sure where all of the
samples originated, although I do know that none of them came from
commercially published SoundFont packages or sample CDs. Regardless,
many "free" SoundFonts available on the web may indeed contain samples
of questionable origin. My understanding of the copyrights of all
samples is only as good as the information provided by the original
sources. If you become aware of any restricted samples being used in
GeneralUser GS, please let me know so I can replace them.

This uncertainty may concern you if you intend to use GeneralUser GS in
a commercial software product. That being said, I have never received
any complaint regarding sample ownership since I published the original
GeneralUser GS back in 2000, and as far as I am aware, neither have any
of the companies creating commercial software products using GeneralUser
GS.