>> I agree that @sample'ing files is fairly wrong, but some people were
>> really strong about it. I would rather instruct the user in the README
>> how to do a basic setup or refer to the "Cfengine Quick Start Guide".
>
> I was one of those 'strong' 'coz community cfengine doesn't need any
> manual action, so why do we need it?

Because we haven't found the right way yet and I would rather have it in
tree with some manual actions and improve it later if necessary.

> Anyway, if a user should do something manually, then guarantee
> pkg tools won't scream bullshit about some file unable to delete.
>
>> It could be as simple as:
>>
>>   To setup a policy hub perform the following steps:
>>   1. Create key-pair and necessary directories by executing cf-key
>>   2. Copy sample configuration files to /var/cfengine/masterfiles
>>   3. Edit configuration files accordingly
>>   4. Bootstrap hub with cf-agent --bootstrap --policy-server <own IP>
>     ^ why is this in policy hub if this is client? yes, even policy hub
>       would like to have agent but if you want to make such steps then
>       move them to right section

I placed it here because the policy hub is a client of itself. I thought
it would be more clear if you install a policy hub you do these steps and
if you install a client you will perform the steps below.

>>   To setup a client perform the following steps:
>>   1. Create key-pair and necessary directories by executing cf-key
>>   2. Bootstrap client with cf-agent --bootstrap --policy-server <hub IP>
>>
>> During bootstrapping the files are copied from the masterfiles directory
>> on the policy host to the inputs directory on the clients. When the
>> files are successfully copied the host is bootstrapped.
>
> If you want to have a polichy hub... ;)

If you don't want to have a policy hub you would make the current system
the policy hub and place your files in masterfiles. Maybe the instructions
should be changes to "To setup a policy hub or standalone perform the
following steps:"

> Please let it be commited, only if it would be in the ports tree
> more people using OpenBSD could help and test.

Second to that.

Kind regards,

Martijn Rijkeboer