On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 07:19:45PM -0400, James Turner wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 05:31:44PM -0400, James Turner wrote:

> > > No. It unconditionally reads and executes commands (including !
> > > shell commands) from .serc (in the current working directory),
> > > regardless who owns that file or who can write it. Sorry, but this
> > > .serc feature should be either removed or change to work in a way
> > > similar to .nexrc and .exrc in vi(1).
> > >
> > > Ciao,
> > >   Kili
> > >

> > I'll try to get this fixed and integrated upstream. I'll resubmit once
> > the issuses resolved.
> >
> > --
> > James Turner
> >

> The upstream developer just committed a fix [0] and released version
> 3.0.1. Attached is an updated port.
>
> [0]
> https://github.com/tcort/se/commit/49ceea2d72f0517a411467f375f7815c5e910749
>
> --
> James Turner

Alright, attached is an update to the se port I originally submitted
back in March. kili@ pointed out a possible race condition int the order
in which .serc was being checked and then read. I submitted a patch
upstream [0] based on original work by kili@ yesterday after his vi
changes were committed to cvs.

The patch was accepted and merged. I've back ported the change to 3.0.1.
Hopefully this should be ready to go in now. Thanks.

[0]
https://github.com/tcort/se/commit/6e47e4bb7cb197c9cbfd83a3dd34601f024c0a03

--
James Turner