As part of my ongoing quest to find the browser that sucks the most, I
figured I'd try midori today. original gtk2 flavor. i386. current.

At startup, I immediately get a popup that says "An instance of Midori
is already running but not responding." As you've probably guessed,
this is a lie. There is only one midori process running.

It prints some messages about being unable to connect to a dbus socket
in /tmp which appear more truthful. I can confirm those files do not
exist. But that's not the awesome part. After I dismiss the dialog box
(the only button to click is OK even though I don't think this OK), I
get a new dbus socket with a *different* name.

The apparent timeline is:
1. connect to nonexistent /tmp/dbus-foobar
2. dialog box
3. create /tmp/dbus-different
4. exit

xtu:~> midori
(midori4:10218): Unique-DBus-WARNING **: Unable to open a connection
to the session bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-NxtYg0Focu:
No such file or directory
(midori4:10218): Unique-DBus-WARNING **: Unable to connect to the
running instance, aborting.
xtu:~> midori
(midori4:32141): Unique-DBus-WARNING **: Unable to open a connection
to the session bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-kc36UEP2Km:
No such file or directory
(midori4:32141): Unique-DBus-WARNING **: Unable to connect to the
running instance, aborting.

/tmp:
srwxrwxrwx  1 tedu  wheel       0 May  5 23:33 dbus-AdsEu6LPfw=
srwxrwxrwx  1 tedu  wheel       0 May  5 23:33 dbus-aCeOFYjYSS=
srwxrwxrwx  1 tedu  wheel       0 May  5 23:34 dbus-lj0VNgv6MC=