>> Since you are patching bin/intellij.sh anyway, why not just rip out all
>> the JAVA_HOME/JDK-HOME goo and use javaPathHelper like all the other Java
>> ports do?
>
> Done; files/idea wrapper is not needed anymore then, so I zapped it. This
> required adding a patch for readlink call, though. Thank you for input.
>
> Is it okay now?

There is a reason why intellij does not use javaPathHelper (JPH). We
had a discussion about this off-list a while back. What happened was
that ian@ discovered that javaPathHellper will use the JDK in your
path instead of the JDK that you're specifying in the port Makefile.
So at the time JDK 1.6 was the only JDK that would work with intellij
and he had JDK 1.7 in his path ahead of JDK 1.6. This resulted in
intellij not being to run because JPH was picking up the wrong JDK at
runtime.

In this case, if we're switching to only support JDK 1.7, but if I
have JDK 1.6 in my path ahead of 1.7, I believe we will re-create that
same problem.

Here is what kurt@ had to say at the time:

"there is nothing wrong with devel/intellij not using javaPathHelper since
it only works with one JDK. javaPathHelper is intended to help with ports that
can run with multiple JDK's. Its use for intellij is overkill, IMO."

I think maybe we should document why intellij does not use JPH because
this one is not at all obvious.