On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 11:08:54AM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2013/05/26 15:47, Marc Espie wrote:
> > Also, make sure you have PLIST_DB set correctly (that should be the DEFAULT)
> > so that register-plist can do its job, and tell you (in most cases) if
> > you forgot to bump revisions or if you did it wrong, thus making names
> > go backwards.
>
> Since it's tricky for someone who isn't doing bulk builds regularly
> to have a good collection in PLIST_DB, I've uploaded some..
>
> http://junkpile.org/plist-i386-20130526.tar.xz
> http://junkpile.org/plist-amd64-20130526.tar.xz

WELL, if you *are* updating ports, the first thing to do is *TO BUILD THE
ORIGINAL PORTS* to have a reference point.

For instance, if you run lib-depends-check *on the original port*, you will
see if the WANTLIB are uptodate, or if X/gtk/whatever changed enough to
require changes.

That makes it easier to spot new things happening with the update.