Lately I've had issues with pkg_mgr spitting out

        Use of uninitialized value $fullpkgpath in string eq at
        /usr/local/libdata/perl5/site_perl/OpenBSD/PackageManager/DBIModel.pm
        line 215.

as fast as possible for a few seconds before starting. The problem has
persisted for at least two or three of the latest versions of
i386-current.  Today I searched the archives and came across the
following mail to ports@ from Ville Valkonen:

>-- Ville Valkonen <weezelding <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> Hello,
>
> When I am starting pkg_mgr, this happens:
> <snip>
> $ pkg_mgr
> Use of uninitialized value $fullpkgpath in hash element at
> /usr/local/libdata/perl5/site_perl/OpenBSD/PackageManager/DBIMo
> del.pm line 211.
> Use of uninitialized value $fullpkgpath in string eq at
> /usr/local/libdata/perl5/site_perl/OpenBSD/PackageManager/DBIModel
> .pm line 215.
> Use of uninitialized value $fullpkgpath in string eq at
> /usr/local/libdata/perl5/site_perl/OpenBSD/PackageManager/DBIModel
> .pm line 215.
> Use of uninitialized value $fullpkgpath in string eq at
> /usr/local/libdata/perl5/site_perl/OpenBSD/PackageManager/DBIModel
> .pm line 215.
> </snip>
>
> ...and finally after ~3 seconds of looping it outputs the curses UI.
> This doesn't happen in the laptop (amd64) where I track also the
> current branch. Upgrades have been completed by using snapshots. The
> computer that prints the error messages is running this version of the
> snapshots:
> OpenBSD 5.2-current (GENERIC.MP) #6: Sat Sep  1 20:16:09 MDT 2012
>     deraadt <at>
>     i386.openbsd.org:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC.MP
>
> pkg_mgr version:
> $ pkg_info |grep -i pkg_mgr
> pkg_mgr-0.2.1p0     user-friendly package browser and manager
>
> I've also removed pkg_mgr and installed it again but problem didn't
> vanish.
>
> So my question is, is this something worthwhile of reporting or should
> I just ignore the error messages? This have been around one or two
> months now.
>
> NOTE: I am not subscribed  <at> ports, so please CC me, thanks.
>
> Sincerely,
> Ville Valkonen

Today I sent the following message to Ville Valkonen:

> I'm experiencing the same issue as you're describing below and wonder if
> you ever found a solution?

and received the following reply:

>I had a conversation with Landy (maintainer and inventor of pkg_mgr)
>and he proposed the following:
>
>> ....you should have just cd /var/db/pkg && pkg_delete .libs*,
>> it would have properly removed the libs from local/lib.
>
>..though it didn't solve the problem. I kinda forgot to keep up the
>conversation and the problem still exists. If you are pushing this
>further, mind to add me as a CC so that I am able to follow and
>produce more information to get this bug solved? With two people
>experiencing the same problem it will likely get solved. Thanks.

Anyone else experiencing this issue with pkg_mgr?

I'm not sure, but the problem MAY have arised after I tried to install
some CPAN modules during attempts to get tircd working.

Regards,

Erling