On 06/25/13 09:38, Ryan Freeman wrote:
On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 01:44:56PM +0200, Stefan Sperling wrote:
On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 06:33:41PM -0400, Brian Callahan wrote:
Hi ports --

Attached is a patch to update both games/solarus/zsdx and
games/solarus/zsxd to their latest version, 1.6 (please apply from
the ports/games/solarus directory).

1.6 is considered a major release for both games, and the first
official releases to fully support the Solarus 1.0.x engine.

This update changes how the games are packaged. Instead of me taking
the time to build/host it myself (I had to do this before since the
games were not official releases), move to pulling the game sources
directly from the Solarus project and building it yourself. I have
been working with upstream, and will make it even simpler to install
the games in the future, but for now this should do.

This change has also been spurred on by recent problems with my
shell provider, who have been kindly hosting distfiles for some of
my ports for quite some time. But being down for 3 days in the last
week or so isn't a good sign.

OK?

Sorry for the late response on this; I just finished flying across the US.

With this update, I'm getting errors starting games using the
provided wrapper scripts:

$ zsxd
Solarus 1.0.1
Opening quest 'zsxd'
Fatal: No quest was found in the directory 'zsxd'. To specify your quest's path,
  run: solarus path/to/quest
Abort trap (core dumped)
$ cat /usr/local/bin/zsdx
#!/bin/sh
solarus /usr/local/share/solarus/zsdx zsdx
i'm not sure why the script has that extra 'zsdx' at the end on your machine:

$ cat `which zsdx`
#!/bin/sh
solarus /usr/local/share/solarus/zsdx

$ pkg_info zsdx|head -1
Information for inst:zsdx-1.6

Like Ryan, I cannot reproduce this. Are the patches in the proper place?

The game needs to be started like this:

$ solarus /usr/local/share/solarus/zsxd
Solarus 1.0.1
Opening quest '/usr/local/share/solarus/zsxd'
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile

The wrapper scripts work fine with the current in-tree version of the port.

The following problems also existed before this update, so they're not
regressions and should not prevent this update from being committed.
But I thought I'd mention them anyway.

The solarus engine core dumps a lot, often when exiting.
Not a surprise for a game that is freshly ported to OpenBSD.
We should fix these crashes up and send patches upstream.
I did mention this to bcallah@, and he has noticed as well.  Upstream
doesn't feel interested in fixing a crash on exit apparently? bcallah@
will know more :)

Solarus doesn't work on it's own - it must be given an argument to a game - the crash is a reminder of that :) - I'll poke upstream again about it.

Windowed mode works fine, but trying to switch to fullscreen mode
crashes the X server on my machine.
hmm, I can't get this to trigger a crash at all here, so likely as you
say below its your newer radeon not being happy with the current mesa
efforts. ;)

i've run this on both i386 with r300 radeon and amd64 with r600 radeon,
both with 'radeon' driver, heck just for sake of comparison: (r300)

I can't reproduce that either; in fact I made sure switching between windowed and fullscreen mode (and back) works. FWIW my amd64 machine has intel hd 3000 graphics. Maybe this is an issue specific to your graphics card?

~Brian