On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 7:09 PM, Jérémie Courrèges-Anglas
<j...@wxcvbn.org> wrote:
> Tristan Le Guern <aversi...@gmail.com> writes:
>> On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 4:22 PM, Jérémie Courrèges-Anglas
>> <j...@wxcvbn.org> wrote:
>>> I think the cleanest way would be to just install the file in
>>> ${PREFIX}/share/X11/xkb/, and then tell users to use setxkbmap -I ...
>>> Just tried this but it seems I can't make it work. :)
>> I tried it too and the result is weird.
>> With us_fr installed under "/usr/X11R6/share/X11/xkb/symbols/" everything is
>> ok:
>
> I forgot to ask you why you used "us_fr" instead of what upstream uses.
Laziness: it's shorter to type. It's probably not a good answer though.
Renaming it us_qwerty-fr, the upstream name, doesn't change anything.

> Yup.  I took a look at setxkbmap.c but stopped when I (maybe falsely)
> assumed that the problem wasn't there.
I looked it too and I don't know what's wrong.
Anyway I added this line to the PLIST and it now works:

    @sample /usr/X11R6/share/X11/xkb/symbols/us_qwerty-fr

>>> - it's better not to try to be smart about MASTER_SITES
>> What do you mean?
>
> MASTER_SITES =  http://marin.jb.free.fr/qwerty-fr/sources/
> is enough, it's more readable and easier for people to take a look at
> new versions when ''make peek-ftp'' doesn't work because MASTER_SITES
> only lists http:// uris.
>
> http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=136623136912606&w=2
I have changed it. This recommendation should probably be listed in
the porter's handbook.

Is this port better now?
--
Tristan Le Guern