On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 12:32:31PM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> [ CC'ing mirrors-discuss; any mirror operators who have plenty of disk
> space (especially second-levels), it would be helpful to switch to using
> --delay-updates in your rsync lines. It won't fix all occurrences of this,
> but should significantly reduce them. ]

Heck, I didn't know about that option.

It is significantly more useful if the full chain from the main feed
down to any actual mirror uses that option... so knowing which mirrors
run --delay-updates and which don't might be useful.

thinking about this further, this also means that a mirror should
ignore .~tmp~ directories... I don't know if they do so already, but
pulling tmp files looks a significant waste of bandwidth to me.