2013/8/12 Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado <i...@juanfra.info>:
> On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 12:44:08AM +0400, Vadim Zhukov wrote:
>> This patch adds the following functionality to portimport(1):
>>
>>   * More checks to catch some common cases: UPDATE and TODO files,
>>     *.core files, REVISIONs being set, SHARED_LIBS containing
>>     non-0.0 items, Mercurial repo directories.
> [...]
>>  find . -name .git          -print|read i && err "You git!"
> Can you change to ".git*"? It won't ignore files like ".gitignore" and
> other git related.
>> +find . -name .hg           -print|read i && err "You hog!"
> Same here. ".hg*"
>
> I'd add also ".fslckout". This is used by fossil.

Nice idea. Maybe we should use harder fixed port layout? Like:

Makefile
distinfo
files/{anything but empty dir}
patches/{patch-* files only, or no dir at all}
pkg/{files only}

And then just refuse anything not matching it. I've just found quiet a
few leftovers scattered over the whole ports tree, including "~"
subdirectory created by stupid IDEA under the directory of one of the
ports I didn't ever remember existing of.

--
  WBR,
  Vadim Zhukov