Ryan Freeman wrote:
> Hey, I've not usually ever used tbp for my thinkpad, but I installed
> on my T61 to see.  I am seeing that the volume and brightness are not
> showed...

Thanks to both of you, Florian and Ryan, for testing and reporting back!

Ryan Freeman wrote:
> I see this behavior, once mute causes the osd to display, quickly unmuting
> and using volume keys lets me see some slight updates to the osd volume
> bar.

That's exactly the behaviour I'm seeing, too.

After Florians response, I did a fresh install on a USB stick, booted
from it, and the problem was gone. Any clues what could be causing this?

I'm really interested in debugging this further, so I a) can learn
something new and b) don't have to install everything from scratch :-),
whereas point "a" takes precedence, of course. To any experienced
OpenBSD user: What would be your next steps to get this back to a
working state?

Thanks!

Regards
André