On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 11:08:45AM -0400, Chess Griffin wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 15:46:48 +1000
> Jonathan Gray <j...@jsg.id.au> wrote:
>
> > I doubt you want the software renderer you want ref_gl.so (+set
> > vid_ref gl). And the Yamagi version (http://www.yamagi.org/quake2/)
> > is a better option.  A port of it is attached.
> >

> Jonathan,
>
> Thanks very much.  I built and installed the Yamagi port.  I then got
> the q2-3.20-x86-full-ctf.exe per the Yamagi README
> (http://www.yamagi.org/quake2/README) and copied the files
> to /usr/local/share/yquake2 and also copied over the pak0.pak file from
> my CD.  When I start the game, it hangs for about 3 minutes and then
> segfaults before showing any kind of window.  Here is the output:
>
> $ /usr/local/share/yquake2/quake2 +set vid_ref gl

you don't need to specify that for the yamagi version, perhaps
remove your ~/.yq2 dir and try start it without args.

It should look like:

----- refresher initialization -----
Byte ordering: little endian

Input initialized.
Refresher build options:
 + Retexturing support
 - Gamma via X11
Refresh: Yamagi Quake II OpenGL Refresher
Using libGL.so for OpenGL.
SDL video driver is "x11".
setting mode 22: 1920 1200
Got 8 bits of stencil.
Using hardware gamma via SDL.

OpenGL setting:
GL_VENDOR: Intel Open Source Technology Center
GL_RENDERER: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Ivybridge Mobile