> On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 07:35:06PM +0100, Kevin Chadwick wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > next round of betas for gecko 24, those one are targeted for release in
> > > mid-september.
> >
> > Thanks Landry,
> >
> > After using the 23 beta and about a week later 24 being released I
> > tried but gave up trying to find out if the beta was vulnerable to the
> > exploits fixed in 24 and so just rebuilt. I just wonder if you have any
>
> I have absolutely no idea what exploits you're talking about. If it's
> the reliability fixes in 23.0.1, i vaguely looked at it and mostly saw
> windows-fixes.

I am not talking about getting the fixes as soon as mozilla knows about
them. I was just wondering if I had wasted my time by rebuilding 24 so
close to building your 23 beta as the "fixed in 24" erratas on.

https://www.mozilla.org/security/known-vulnerabilities/firefox.html

may have already been fixed in your 23 beta?

In other words can I just run 23 beta a few days early as safely as 24
until 25 is released. From below I guess I could but would sometimes
miss a security fix or two and it may be a pain to tell. Or maybe when
24 is released it becomes far easier to tell publicly and just rebuild
when that happens?

Anyway no big deal really, just wondering.

> > insights on how they are handled (do they bottle them up under wraps
> > and apply them all at once on release day or include them silently in
> > nightlies).
>
> The security fixes are applied in central, then backported to aurora and
> beta, and eventually to release if they're serious, in that case a
> chemspill release is done including all pending fixes.
>

> > p.s. any tips on tracking webkit vulns and whether they are fixed in
> > the port would be much appreciated too as xombrero is now my fav
> > browser but I have been using the much slower firefox due to possible
> > vulns (osvdb.org) in 2.04.
>
> You clearly have way too much paranoia. Use lynx ?

I will still use xombrero on some systems just contrasting and
evaluating both for use by me for all tasks. I may even switch at
times and I am not a chromium fan as it doesn't do basic things like
clearing data on close or the whitelisting/noscript functions.

> Landry

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)