!-- On Fri 30.Aug'13 at 12:51:41 BST, Matthieu Herrb (matthieu.he...@laas.fr),
wrote:

> Well an X server built with 32 bits time_t would not start at all on a
> 64 bits time_t system.

Yes, I get what you're saying. But, I'd completed an successful upgrade
using the snapshots so the X server will have been 64 bits time_t, as
would the rest of the base system.

I reported in an earlier thread a week or so ago, I hadn't removed my
packages and reinstalled them so I'm pretty sure it was the fvwm2 package
that crashed the X server. That was my fault for not reading the upgrade
notes on the OpenBSD website.

> But 'fvwm2 crashes the X server' may be a wrong analysis. When the
> window manager itself crashes it's hard to tell the difference with a
> crash of the X server, especially if the window manager doesn't catch
> the signal. So if the fvwm2 package wasn't 64 bit time_t ready, it may
> be an explanation.

This is what I was try trying to establish really: if the fvwm2 package
is ready, now, for 64 bits time_t systems. I didn't/don't want to upgrade
yet if it's just not going to work.

> But if a recent fvwm2 package really crashes the X server after a
> succesful start, it's probably another issue that definatly needs more
> attention : proper bug report with log files and such.
>
> --
> Matthieu Herrb

I'm going to upgrade the system system today and remove then reinstall
all the packages and will report back any issues.

Cheers, Jamie.

James Griffin: jmz at kontrol.kode5.net

A4B9 E875 A18C 6E11 F46D  B788 BEE6 1251 1D31 DC38