On 2013/09/18 13:18, patric conant wrote:
> I've had a squid/dansguardian machine running for years, religiously
> upgrade with set cds every 6 months. Most recently I upgraded over an ssh
> session. Thinking that was the cause I fiddled with it for a week or so,
> getting intermittent to increased "connection reset" errors in client
> machine browsers. I employed replacement hardware, an out of service p4,
> with 1.25 GB ram with a clean installation of 5.3. and the following
> packages.

What does squid's cache.log say?

Have you got a "squid" class in login.conf? If so, what resource limits apply
to it,
if not, what limits apply to the "daemon" class? - If you don't know what this
means,
see the "system resource limits" section from the newer version of the
package readme for squid in -current:

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/~checkout~/ports/www/squid/pkg/README-main

If the above doesn't help, can you isolate squid from dansguardian to try and
identify which side is causing the problem?