[re: "main xml reader error: XML reader not found" playing files with subtitles]

On 2013/07/06 08:39, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2013/07/05 19:36, Amit Kulkarni wrote:
> > ktrace doesn't point to anything
>
> You just included the output where it prints the errors.
> There might be something in the pages before this.
> Using ktrace -B will skip some spam.
>
> Also try running with LD_DEBUG set in the environment and look for
> failures.

I've just noticed this too. I've got a bit more debug output but not
really much further.

Tested building a new package with vlc's .la files included as a test,
no difference.

Running with LD_DEBUG set causes playback to fail, vlc hangs and
needs a kill -9, though it does attempt to load subtitles before this
and fails in a similar-looking way, output at
http://junkpile.org/vlc-subtitle.txt (search for "not found") -
no errors noticed from ld.so.  (The "attempt to dlopen `...`"
lines are from a local patch to vlc).