On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 04:16:31PM -0700, Josh Elsasser wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 09:29:40AM +0200, J?r?mie Courr?ges-Anglas wrote:
> >
> > So instead of struggling with clisp, let's just update sbcl first.
> > Regress tests results and diff below.  I'm postponing clisp for now.
> >
> > More tests on amd64 / ok?
>
> There should be a build-time (and probably runtime) dependency on gmp,
> or else the gmp contrib should be disabled. I'm not sure if it's right
> to enforce a runtime dependency when few users will use sb-gmp, but it
> would also be annoying to start splitting off contribs into separate
> packages.

I don't use gmp (or even know what it is) so I don't have a strong
preference one way or the other on disabling it. I agree starting
to split off contribs is a longer term idea even if deemed desirable.

So I would go for whatever is minimal change to make 1.1.12 work.
And leave anything else for future work in-tree.

.... Ken