Dear All,

I was trying to build last night all packages for amd64 as I promised
two weeks ago to Mark Espie on that Supermicro server with 64 cores and
256 GB of RAM. I was using the snapshot from yesterday and the latest
port. dmesg has been sent to dmesg@ I just run
./dpb -a

As I came this morning to my office I noticed that about
3GB of packages has been build and that the built is hanging with the
message
<ruby-1.8.7-p374.tar.tz(#1) [9001] frozen for 5 HOURS!
<ruby-1.9.3-p448.tar.tz(#1) [17065] frozen for 5 HOURS!

I uploaded all log files found in /usr/ports/log

http://www.devio.us/~ppunosevac/logs.tgz

This server is interesting as it has only one 600 GB Solid State HDD

Intel DC S3500 Series MCL (6Gb/s)

supposedly for better read and write times.

I did couple of tests and executing mv command on the 500 MB directory
took 5 minutes. It took almost a minute to rm -rf that same directory.

What am I doing wrong?

Best,
Predrag

P.S. I apologize to Mark for this long delay. The good news is that I
have so much other stuff to do that I could probably hang on to this
server for another 4-5 days before putting it into production so please
feel free to teach me something and use this machine for something
OpenBSD related.