Theo wants to remove libcompat.a and I agree.

For those who don't know, libcompat is a small static library with
compatibility stubs for a handful of long obsolete, forgotten APIs from
the 1980s:
                                   Modern replacement:
* gtty(3), stty(3)              -> tcgetattr(3) etc.
* re_comp(3), re_exec(3)        -> regcomp(3) etc.
* ftime(3)                      -> gettimeofday(2)
* cuserid(3)                    -> getpwuid(3) etc.
* setruid(3), setrgid(3)        -> setreuid(2) etc.
* rexec(3)                      -> rcmd(3) etc.

Nothing should still use these.  Anything that does is probably so
crufty that we should consider removing it, or otherwise it can be
fixed.

sthen@ has (been) volunteered to find all ports that still require
libcompat and will provide a list in the next few days.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          na...@mips.inka.de