On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 03:30:00PM +0100, Antoine Jacoutot wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 09:15:58AM -0500, Ted Unangst wrote:
> > >
> > > This is normal. @endfake is now obsolete. It's been removed from ports but
> > > some of your old pkg may still have this marker.
> > > Since you just updated them, you won't see this warning anymore.
> >
> > ok, but these packages were only a few weeks old. I think it's weird
> > to warn about something in this case, because there's nothing I could
> > have done about it. it just causes unnecessary panic. i.e., i either
> > read the warnings from pkg_add and think about them, or i slowly get
> > trained to ignore them entirely.
>
> espie@ can probably fix that for you.

Well, compare @endfake to all the stuff the gtk-update* whatever said
over the last 2 or 3 months each time glib2 changed...

Most of the time, when packages internals change, you don't even see a
thing...   as for endfake, I rushed things a bit, as we don't have that
much time before next release, which is the reason that you even SAW the
warning....

as for warnings, sure, go ahead, ignore them... pkg_add is not VERY verbose
compared to everything that goes on internally. They tend to be incredibly
useful when someone really gets into trouble, and they give me a verbatim
transcript of what went wrong...