On 04/23/14 12:20, Eric Radman wrote:
On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 10:44:25AM -0400, Brian Callahan wrote:
On 04/23/14 10:19, Eric Radman wrote:
Attached is a port for PNG compressor that uses a lossy algorithm that
I've found to be very effective.

Couple of notes:
You'll need MAKE_FLAGS=CC="${CC}" since the port sets CC to gcc.
I'd rather see you use a do-install for the binary and man page (or make
your patch do the right thing) since neither are installed with the
proper group or mode.
Good, added MAKE_FLAGS= and confirmed it's respecting the compiler set
in mk.conf. Added do-install and removed my previous changes to the
install section of the Makefile.
I'm not 100% sure your patch-Makefile is correct. As it is, this
installs the debug version of pngquant: the CFLAGS?= line gets
overridden with the default CFLAGS. Did you mean to also make that
CFLAGS+= like the line below it?  That will make it build the
non-debug pngquant. (Don't forget to remove the -O3 from the CFLAGSOPT
line as well). CUSTOMLIBPNG and CUSTOMZLIB can go away as well.
The updated port (attached) uses CFLAGS+= with the DEBUG and -03 options
removed. Also removed the lines that set CUSTOMLIBPNG and CUSTOMZLIB.
Thanks for the feeback!

You actually need -DNDEBUG. That turns off the debug build.
I think this is ok now with -DNDEBUG put back in.

~Brian