Just an update on this...
* Stuart Henderson <st...@openbsd.org> [2014-05-09 23:01]:
> It's not particularly simple; apart from the messy build script
> (which we can replace in the port Makefile), they use an embedded
> copy of spidermonkey 1.8.5 which isn't going to build without patching
> and we can't just use a newer version of spidermonkey from ports to
> replace it as it's not api-compatible, so will probably need to
> steal patches from an old version of spidermonkey from the Attic.
>
> Some pieces in the attached tgz, but I suspect it's going to need
> a whole bunch more..

I have pretty much given up on trying to get this to work, the more
mess I saw there the less I think I could ever run that productive.

* Andrew Fresh <and...@afresh1.com> [2014-05-10 07:24]:
> On 2014/05/07 13:05, Henning Brauer wrote:
> > is somebody more experienced in ports willing to make one?
> <SNIP>
> On Fri, May 09, 2014 at 10:01:02PM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> > It's not particularly simple;
> Do you *need* APE or just something to do Comet Push?

bingo, the latter.

> You can fairly easily write a Comet server in Mojolicious, plus it
> supports websockets.  There may be other, better options, depending on
> what you're trying to accomplish.

kinda fear we'll have a performance problem with that... dunno really.

I have somebody researching options now.
Many thanks for the help.

--
Henning Brauer, h...@bsws.de, henn...@openbsd.org
BS Web Services GmbH, http://bsws.de, Full-Service ISP