> On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 07:15:30PM +0200, Vadim Zhukov wrote:
>> Sorry, it won't happen. Upstream (LO) does a crazy thing, trying to
>> compile same code both for KDE3 and KDE4. It doesn't work.
>>
>> If someone will come in, please, push such changes to LibreOffice
>> upstream first: editors/libreoffice is complex enough already.
>
> Why not remove the kde3/qt3 support from the libreoffice port? :)
>
> Libreoffice works fine without the KDE support and I don't see the
> point of to integrate kde3/qt3 with LO these days. GTK+2 is probably
> more lightweight than QT3 on old machines.

Because it works, and KDE4 integration is broken anyway (noone cares
upstream). It could be fixed, but I better spend my time on something
another. KDE3 users should be pitied enough already, I don't want to
steal one of their last toys. :) I myself was using openoffice-kde
under KDE3 at some point in the past... If (when) we'll decide to drop
KDE entirely, this will be revisited (read: maybe OpenSUSE or whoever
will come with patches for KDE4 integration at this time already).

--
  WBR,
  Vadim Zhukov