On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 07:10:47PM +0200, Jan Klemkow wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this diff fixes a file conflict between the ports ucspi-tcp and freedt.
> I just remove the binaries 'argv0' and 'recordio' cause I think the
> manpages of the tools are useful.  The package freedt does not provide
> them.
>
> I am not sure, but I think increasing the revision number is the right
> thing to do in this kind of situation!?

Yes, bumping the rev number is one of the things to do, but simply
removing files from PLIST wont be enough, since they'll come back next
time someone runs make update-plist. You should either:
- @comment both entries so they're not in the package
- set appropriate @conflict markers in both PLISTs to explicitely say
  the two packages conflicts so they're not installed altogether.

Landry