On Fri, Aug 08, 2014 at 04:53:38PM +0200, Giovanni Bechis wrote:
> On 07/28/14 22:19, Gilles Chehade wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 05:46:18PM +0200, Giovanni Bechis wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> I started to play with smtpd but to let it work on my environment I need
> >> mysql_table
> >> support (or some ugly hacks); atm I have some local patches taken from
> >> portable,
> >> what would be the right way to go ?
> >> I tried portable as well but on OpenBSD it does not build out-of-the-box.
> >>

> > Hi,
> >
> > Eric and I have already implemented table_mysql and table_postgres.
> >
> > We don't ship it with OpenBSD because we think it's preferable that they
> > are packaged and distributed as ports, we just didn't have the time to
> > work on that yet.
> >
> > You can grab a copy at:
> >
> >     https://github.com/OpenSMTPD/OpenSMTPD-extras/tree/master/extras
> >
> > feel free to package yourself :-)
> >
> I have a wip-port but it does not work because I have installed table-* files
> under ${PREFIX}/libexec/smtpd (ports should not write under /usr/sbin) but
> smtpd exec table-* stuff only under /usr/sbin/smtpd [?].
>
> [?] /usr/src/usr.sbin/smtpd/smtpd.h:59:#define      PATH_LIBEXEC
> "/usr/libexec/smtpd"
>
> Should smtpd(8) try to find table-* files also on other paths ?
>  Thanks & Cheers

Nope, we decided a while ago that:

1- backend would be isolated to a single libexec directory
2- backend would follow a naming convention: table-*, filter-*, queue-*,
   scheduler-*

   similarly to login_ scripts, this makes them easier to handle for us
   and both code and configuration are simplified as a result:

       pkg_add table-foobar

   and voila, you can use:

       table barbaz foobar:/etc/mail/foobar.txt

   this is only possible because we know where things are by convention

--
Gilles Chehade

https://www.poolp.org                                          @poolpOrg