On 1 September 2014 17:21, Anil Madhavapeddy <a...@recoil.org> wrote:
> On 1 Sep 2014, at 14:35, Christopher Zimmermann <chr...@openbsd.org> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 1 Sep 2014 14:21:56 +0200 Anil Madhavapeddy <a...@recoil.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> This is a huge update, thanks Christopher! Do you also want to take
>>> joint MAINTAINER on OCaml?  Main reason this should go in is that
>>> 4.02 fixed all the sprintf/strcpy uses, so there are no more linker
>>> warnings on every ocamlopt compilation.
>>>
>>> Bulk of the update is ok me; a few questions:
>>>
>>> - got a separate port for labltk now that it's pulled out?
>>
>> No. The only user I found is findlib's make_wizard, but I have no idea
>> what it does.
>
> no idea -- can add the tk interface as a port later on if any users show up.
>

>>> - is there an upstream Mantis bug for the stack overflow detection? if so,
>>> putting it in the port patch comment would make it easier to keep track of
>>> what we need to upstream.
>>
>> I mailed it to c...@inria.fr. I can file a Mantis bug, too.
>
> A Mantis bug is definitely the way to make sure it gets fixed.
>
>> According to packages-specs(7), the package / ports system works well
>> with rc versions. They are always below normal versions. So if a fast
>> camlp4 release is not possible, we can use the rc, too.
>
> Final camlp4 version released from that tag now;
> https://github.com/ocaml/camlp4/archive/4.02.0.tar.gz
>
> -anil

Hmm. My dpb job got an error in databases/sqlports just after visiting
the patched ocaml-net.

Looking at the log for sqlports I see

Fatal: Unknown flavor(s) pcre (in devel/ocaml-net)
   (No flavors for this port). (in devel/ocaml-net)
*** Error 1 in devel/ocaml-net (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:3552 '.
BEGIN': @exit 1)
devel/ocaml-net,pcre/bin/sh: exit 1: not found
: exiting with an error

Not sure which end is broken, but if it's not obvious to a ports-guru,
I'll try to figure it out after dinner.

I have the ocaml 4.02 diff applied, but not the ocamlp4 diff.

.... Ken