On 09/09/14 5:30 AM, Anthony J. Bentley wrote:
Brad Smith writes:
On 22/08/14 3:30 PM, Anthony J. Bentley wrote:
Hi,

Here is an update to portaudio-svn-1919.

All ports with a ldep on portaudio still build, at least on amd64:
asterisk-11.11.0
audacity-1.3.9p5
espeak-1.48.04
fldigi-3.21.81
freemat-4.0p1
iaxclient-2.1beta3p12
mscore-1.3p4
mumble-1.2.7
paulstretch-2.2.2
pjsua-2.2.1
py-audio-0.2.4p0
wireshark-1.10.9
wordwarvi-1.00p1

However, I am not a user of any of these ports, so runtime testing would
be really appreciated.

The patches add some functions (Pa_GetStreamHostApiType() and friends)
which are necessary for newer versions of audacity. Fedora has these
patches as well.

ok?

The update.. yes, but definitely not Ok with the local patch for the
new API.

Here is the diff with those parts removed. So this is ok then?

Yes.

I would really like to move forward with updating Audacity though.
Where should we go from here?

I'm definitely not trying to hold that back.

- Try to push the API changes to upstream Portaudio?

Unlikely to happen. I prodded the developers about this a number of days
ago and it was excuses excuses. They have been sitting on this issue for
6 years.

- Try to push the sndio patches to upstream Portaudio?

Alexandre was looking into this but AFAIK it hasn't moved anywhere
after their first round of reviewing the code that was submitted and
it was waiting on Alexandre to make changes and re-submit a newer
diff.

- Try to get Audacity to not need the API changes?
- All/none of the above?

It's either that or take the sndio backend and patch it into the
custom copy of portaudio that comes with Audacity.

believed to be clean.