David Coppa writes:

> On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 8:45 PM, Stuart Henderson <st...@openbsd.org> wrote:

>> Oh I looked at porting that but got stuck because it wanted new py-openssl
>> which wanted py-cryptography which needed CFFI ... (sslsplit normally works
>> but for some reason failed with this one).
>
> I've installed it using "pip-2.7 install mitmproxy"

>>> So we need a new port for:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/substack/node-mkdirp
>>>
>>> to be a dependency for coffeescript...
>>
>> Isn't it in the main node package?
>
> Oh you're right, it's in the main node package.
>
> So why coffeescript is trying to download it from the node repo?
>
> I know nothing about node.js...
>
> Aaron?

I thought I was losing my mind.. couldn't figure out why we never
noticed this before.

If we can't trick npm into thinking it has the modules already installed
it tries to grab them from the npmjs registry.

Apparently we never noticed it because node.js shipped with version
0.3.5 of mkdirp and we were able to symlink it into the coffeescript
stuff.

Making a package of it now results in a collision with the nodejs
package.. Sigh.