> On Wed, Jan 07, 2015 at 04:41:16PM +0100, David Coppa wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 4:36 PM, Stuart Henderson <st...@openbsd.org> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hmm. Actually what is the benefit of using
>> > CMAKE_SKIP_INSTALL_ALL_DEPENDENCY
>> > anyway, even in the make(1) case?
>> >

>> It was requested by Vadim some years ago:
>>
>> "This will tell CMake to skip rescanning the whole directory in the
>> fake stage. Our ports infrastructure already takes care that fake
>> happens only after build, and this re-scanning is very annoying
>> when you are debugging something in a somewhat fat package.
>> And this change should speed up bulk builds too..."
>>

> This could also be achieved by calling the target "install/fast" instead
> of "install" in the fake stage. "install/fast" also causes cmake to skip
> all dependency checks.

This sounds like something requiring bulk build to check. Is there any
real gain (e.g., difference with current situation)?

Also, I don't see any problem with having
-DCMAKE_SKIP_INSTALL_ALL_DEPENDENCY until all ports on all archs stop
using make backend. David, what do you want to achieve (except
shrinking cmake.port.mk, which is nice itself, of course)?

--
  WBR,
  Vadim Zhukov