On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 10:24:46PM +0000, Brandon Mercer wrote:
> I have a very similar diff that I did yesterday and it worked well. The
> beta that is in ports now is not really usable as is so I'm OK with it
> going in.

What are the problem you have with beta ? A rust problem that the
update should solve, or a specific problem with openbsd ?

> What is the plan for llvm? We should be able to use the llvm in
> ports in the long term, but it's my understanding that they have some
> patches applied to llvm to satisfy their needs? I would really like to
> avoid another scenario like what has happened with webkit.

Rust basically depends of LLVM version 3.5 or 3.6. The version of
devel/llvm is based on llvm 3.4/3.5 + lot of patches.

For some pointer on devel/llvm perspective, please refer to
http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=142756878131426&w=2

Thanks.
--
Sébastien Marie