Hi ports@

I had a funny interaction today.

While testing an update to www/uget I hit a conflict with my locally installed gcc & some other libs. Wanting to move forward with testing I decided to `pkg_delete -a` to remove them all as they were installed
as dependencies for ports that I no longer have.

This for some reason resulted in gdm being removed from my system. I was at -current snapshot from 20th May. Having gdm done is not nice when using Gnome so I got it reinstalled but it refused to boot back up.

I saw libmozjs-24.so.0.0 in my error logs and assumed that I'm out of date with my base system/other packages.

I proceeded to upgraded to the May 23rd snapshot and performed the usual package upgrade.

After performing the above I still can't boot into gnome. So I disabled gdm, made the following .xinitrc file:

$ cat .xinitrc
exec gnome-shell

and did a 'startx'

gnome-shell: can't load library 'libmozjs-24.so.0.0'
xinit: connection to X server lost

waiting for X server to shut down .(EE) Server terminated successfully (0). Closing log file.

Now I can't seem to locate a mozjs 24.

# pkg_info -Q mozjs
mozjs17-17.0p1 (installed)

The /usr/ports/devel only has movjs17.

I installed xfce4 to get a working window manager for now (works without issues).

Questions:

1. Why would pkg_delete -a remove gdm
GDM was installed manually as pkg_add gdm so shouldn't be treated as unused dependency

2. Is something wrong with my system? How do I get mozjs 24?

Regards,
Adam Wolk