On Thu, 21 May 2015 09:50:21 -0400
Dave Vandervies wrote:

> > One question, why the linaro
> > gcc and not https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded ?
>
> Linaro is the variant preferred by the embedded devs I'm working with,
> so in the absence of a good reason to do otherwise I went with the path
> of least resistance.

I don't know how good Linaro's toolchain is so maybe this isn't good
reason but a representative of a chip manufacturer I have spoken too say
the recent ARM developed toolchain had recently (year ago) become as
good if not better than the commercial IAR/Keil compilers.

Of course their IDE uses the ARM developed toolchain so there may be
some bias but it make's sense to me to use ARM's toolchain for ARM's
chips to me.

In any case, thanks for bringing this to OpenBSD.